Monday, April 20, 2009

Bloggage

I started out this blog intending to post every day as a matter of personal discipline. My inability to do so is a result of too many things competing for my attention...a blockage of sorts I have termed, "Bloggage." So today is sort of a rotor-rooter blog, trying to gather some of those loose things, identify them, and get them out of the way.

SLEEP
I have found myself getting my days and my nights mixed up. I am often up until 3 or 4 a.m. I would sleep until noon if I could. Part of that is I have become fond of an afternoon nap. I remember my grandfather Jones getting up at 3 or 4 a.m. to milk the cows and feed the stock. He even cooked breakfast before going to his country grocery to work until noon when my grandmother would "relieve" him so he could go home and eat a good lunch she had prepared. Then he took a nap for an hour or hour-and-a-half and returned to the store, closing at 6 p.m. In the evening he had more chores with the stock, and cows, a light supper, some TV and a bowl of cereal before going to bed.

I like my naps. A couple of hours sleep and I'm good for a whole evening. I recharge quickly. But I run down quickly, too. I think its one of the signs of growing older. Anyway, when I am in those run-down modes, I don't want to blog well, and when I am working well, I don't have time.

DOCTORS
Another sign of advancing age is the number of medical professionals you need to consult. We now have caring for us an internist, 2 dietitians, two Primary Care Physiscians, an opthomologist, a mamogram technician, a podiatrist, a dermatologist, a cardiologist, a psychiatrist, a physician's assistant, a dentist, and a proctologist. More to think about, clutter up the mind with schedules, appointments, pills, meds, and injections.

FINANCES
What a big bloggage finances can be! With all the above medical expertise, we have quite a large medical bill for services and medicines each month. Add to that the utilities, repairs, cable and phone bills, clothes, and groceries. Sometime I'll blog about that...and about how people manage to survive in this environment.

YARD
We like living where we live. It is in the country, but not too far from civilization. We have neighbors who are there when we need them, but don't make a bother of themselves. But we have 3 acres of yard to care for...and we can't do it well. So right now we have collected all of last fall's leaves, discarded twigs and limbs from storms, and new grass starting to grow taller now that the weather has turned warmer, rainy, and pollen-laden. When I am working on that or worrying about not working on that I find my blogging inclination sagging.

Oh well...this isn't a very good pity party. But I DO feel better having placed some of these things on print. Gets them out of my head, so maybe, just maybe, I can find energy and clarity to blog more often. And don't worry, the list could go on and on. But I'll save that for another blog. Okay? See you then.


No comments:

Post a Comment